In this article we will explain how you can make your platform even more secure by using 2 Factor Authentication. To activate this security mechanism you should:
- Go to System Settings > Security > 2 Factor Authentication;
- Enable 2 Factor Authentication;
- Select which authentication methods you want to use: QR Code, E-mail or SMS.
- Depending on the authentication methods you wish to use, you must create an account and then integrate your account data (Google Authenticator for QR Code or Twilio for SMS) in the MOQI Platform.
- After selecting and configuring the methods you want to use for authentication you should “Save“.
What is it used for?
Two-factor authentication provides a secondary layer of security that makes it harder for unauthorised people to access the platform. With two-factor authentication enabled, even if someone knows a user’s password, the authentication will fail and prevent unauthorised access.